COFFEE/TEA AT 8.45
9.00 GATHER AT 11TH FLOOR
Where we meet: ROTTERDAM UNIVERSITY / HOGESCHOOL ROTTERDAM
9.15 – 9.45
Recycled Island foundation and plastic soup
by Maaike De Waele
WORKING IN GROUPS AT TOP FLOOR LOCATION OF ROTTERDAM UNIVERSITY
Develop and iterate ideas
Coachings by Andreas Mädler and Carmen Wenger (see detail plan)
12.30 – 13.30 LUNCH IN THE CITY
In the afternoon sketching in the city
16.00 – 17.30 Sketchaton
near Central Station,
- Get a deeper insight into the dimension of time.
- If you want to find out about future go to the past: two steps back allow one step ahead.
- What do you find at historic locations, what artefacts are there and what ideas do exist?
- Immersing yourself in the places and ideas of history with a modern eye keeps the past and the future connected.
Ask for survived traditions to find out about the future possibilities of resiliency.
- Read the street names very carefully, what story do they tell? Why is a squares name that important that it gave his name to the location?
- Check ancient maps to dig deeper where you stand.
- What can you find in books? What tells the museums? What story tell you social media? Dig deeper than just googling – this is what everybody finds – dig even more to find YOUR story.
Link your impression to the history of the very location to get a real story.
Impressions from the day first Sketchathon ever at Rotterdam
Sketchaton at 16.00
Kruisplein Rotterdam – South of Central Station (yellow circle)